All Thrace Group companies comply with a strict Health & Safety policy that aims at:
- Ensuring the Health, Safety and Welfare at work of all employees, contractors, visitors and members of the general public who may be affected by the companies’ activities.
- Avoiding all possible damage to property.
- Improving the Health & Safety Culture throughout the Group.
- In carrying out this policy, all Thrace Group companies shall:
- Provide and maintain a working environment, including welfare facilities and arrangements, that is, so as is reasonably practicable, safe and without risk to health.
- Comply with all applicable Government Health & Safety Legislation and, where appropriate, establish company standards, procedures and guidelines.
- Ensure, so as far as is reasonably practicable, that plant, machinery, equipment or appliances for the time being on company premises are safe and without risk to Health, Safety and Welfare at Work of all personnel.
- Provide information, instruction, training and supervision in the use of such plant, machinery and equipment as is, in the opinion of the company, necessary.
- Maintain procedures which ensure the use, handling, storage and transport of articles and substances are, so far as is reasonably practicable, safe and without risk to Health, Safety and Welfare of all personnel.
- Consult with the Workforce through the Health & Safety Committees and by other means on matters of Health, Safety and Welfare.
- Identify all hazards and the assessment of risks that may affect personnel, especially young persons, with a view to reducing them to an acceptable limit.
- Continuously improve performance through innovative technology, education and good management practices.
- Encourage good health practices of employees.
- Promote a positive culture, which is based on the principle that all incidents can be prevented, and for unforeseen events, provide emergency response programmes to minimise harm to people and assets.
- Regularly review and update our Health & Safety Policy.
- Ensuring all employees and contractors has access to a copy of the Health & Safety Policy.
It is the responsibility of all Thrace Group companies to create an environment where management, employees and contractors work in partnership to implement this policy.
This policy is reviewed annually to monitor its effectiveness and to ensure that it reflects changes in legislation or corporate requirements. Interim reviews are also being undertaken as appropriate.