Recognising our role within society and, in particular, the impact of our operations on our immediate neighbourhoods, we pursue sustainability through our commitment to the Thrace Group ENERGY AND ENVIRONMENT,PRODUCT RESPONSIBILITY and COMMUNITY ENGAGEMENT policies.
ENERGY AND ENVIRONMENT POLICY
- To minimise waste and maximise reprocessing and recycling opportunities, so as to continuously improve our output to input ratio.
- To burn and use fossil fuels as efficiently as practicable and investigate new ambient and renewable energy sources.
- To reduce the amount of pollution, particularly CO2.
- To include the reclamation of water in our manufacturing processes.
- To monitor appropriate emissions and effluents (if necessary utilising external expertise) and work towards progressive reductions.
- To ensure that all of our products are developed, produced, packaged, transported, marketed, used and disposed of safely without damaging health or the environment.
- To provide adequate training for relevant personnel, enabling them to contribute fully to the environmental and energy management system.
- To encourage our suppliers in sharing our sustainability mission.
PRODUCT RESPONSIBILITY POLICY
- To instil within the Group a Quality Culture that
involves all personnel.
- To establish and maintain partnerships with suppliers
and customers to optimise the value adding supply chain.
- To establish and maintain a documentd Quality
Management System to assure our customers that the product and services which
they receive will be fit for use and of consistent quality, meeting the
recognised ISO standards where applicable.
- To invest in the latest technology appropriate to our
- To use statistical techniques to monitor our processes
and to identify trends.
COMMUNITY ENGAGEMENT POLICY
- To be the most valued company for
the communities where we work and live and maintain the community trust that we have built upon which all these years.
- To be sensitive about local needs and help improve the
quality of life by financing community programmes and institutions.
- To be accessible to local non-profit organizations and
help them reach their goals through contributions.
- To create valuable partnerships with academic
institutions so as to promote innovation and the creation of knowledge.
- To raise awareness on key social issues related to our